14 Questions Asked in a Spirit Coach Interview
Updated: Apr 12, 2022
Keep in mind, you are looking for these qualities; organization, communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving.
1. Can you tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between your dancers on the team?
2. What makes a successful communicator within a head coach role?
3. Can you tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between you and a parent on the team?
4. What is the ideal relationship you look for with the cheer team at your school?
5. In what way will you use your relationships around the school to further the reputation of your program?
6. How do you plan to release your schedule for the season and communicate that to parents?
7. You’ve scheduled practice and the building is closed unexpectedly - what would you do?
8. What are your plans to build your budget and accommodate dancers with a lower income?
9. Describe your ideal captain and what are their qualities?
10. Can you name 3 things that would be your top priorities from the day you start?
11. What are 2 things you admire about the current program, and 2 things you are hoping to change?
12. If you had to develop a mission statement for your program, what are the most important aspects for you?
13. Where do you see yourself and this program in the next 3-5 years?
14. What questions do you have for us? Ideally, they will ask something like;
*What qualities are most important to you in a spirit coach?
*What would you like to see improve my first year on the team? And beyond?
*What fundraising options are available to the program?
*What areas of weakness would you say exist in your Athletics dept. and how can I help?